Background

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

What's New


Check out that grin and those pigtails.


She was very proud of her newly painted nails. And I loved the pink sequin trim on her cute skirt.


How can a smile like that not brighten your day?


The best part of a digital camera is that the little munchkins can see their picture seconds after it is taken. So you make a funny face while sitting on your aunt's lap and then run over and see how it came out. And the best part of this aunt? When I'm willing to publish a photo that makes me look like I belong in a padded room because the two short folks on my lap are adorable.


I might get in trouble for this. Because some people don't like to have photos taken. Luckily these are the same people who don't read my blog and don't know their pictures end up here. (muwahahahahaha....)


The Easter Bunny made a late stop in Grandma's yard. While he was busy outside, me and the short folks were downstairs. With the monsters. But it's ok, because they were little monsters. Fuzzy ones. Happy ones. Who will stand in the palm of your hand and give you kisses.


This little munchkin has personality that far exceeds her short stature. Far, far exceeds. Can't wait for her to be a teenager. It's gonna be fun...


I didn't like the ugly plants that were in the teeny-tiny garden area in front of my house. So I pulled them all up and planted a red Japanese maple. Love it. And about 100 pink and coral tulips.


I got new shoes. They are shiny, and black, and have good arch support. Didn't think that last part was going to come out, diddja? Yup. I'm going to be that old lady who has the orthopedic shoes that are so ugly they make warthogs run away. But I plan to be bat-crap-crazy by that point so I won't really mind.


New nail polish. Very sparkly. And NOT pink. That's purple.


What is new about this? My bed is not normally made. And can I just say that I love the southern lighting? And my awesome painting that inspired the cool mocha-purple on the walls? Fortunately you can't see the clothes that are stage left.

4 comments:

  1. Did you sprinkle roses on your own bed, or do you need to tell us something else about this post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tahnee, did you seriously just ask that question? Really? REALLY? What if my 97-year-old grandmother read that? She might be my most dedicated reader, you know! You could have just given her a heart attack. I hope you are going to be able to live with yourself after you have that kind of thing hanging over your head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those little grins are making big grins on 11.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh... roses make your gram's heart stop? Allergies?

    ReplyDelete