Background

Monday, May 23, 2011

I'm Not 19

I just passed this little gaggle of girls in the hall. They were all adorable and I could tell they were having a great time. But can I just go on the record and say that I would NOT trade it for the world that I have made it past the teenage years and early 20's? They were wonderful in so many ways, but I gotta say that so far I think the 30's is the best. I love the confidence I have. I love the strength I've developed. I love the experiences I have been through that have given me wisdom. I love the friendships that I have cultivated over years with people I know really care. It makes me wonder, does life just keep getting better and better? It looks that way from here.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh I hope you're right! Sometimes being stupid an immature is hard and I'm looking forward to outgrowing it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have many stupid, immature moments; but yes, life just keeps getting better!

    Man, I'm glad I'm not 18! I loved my 20's. I loved my 30's. My 40's are awesome!

    Another thing that's very cool is that when you are young you think you can only be friends with people who are young like you. Now I have some dear, cherished friends, who range in age from 16 to 90. Isn't that great?

    ReplyDelete