Background

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Stating the Obvious

When in the course of human events it becomes necessary to train someone how to do your job, you realize just how little (or how much) you actually do in a day.

This morning while walking a couple of my co-workers through the absolutely thrilling features of some of our software, we took a call together. It's my job. The excitement gets me out of bed absolutely pumped for each day.

And we sat.

And talked on the phone some more.

And sat.

And about 45 minutes past by.

Then one of them says, "I don't know if this is better or worse than (insert some kind of physical labor here), but I am sure burning less calories!"

Thank you. That is why I'm a little soft and squishy around the middle.

Meanwhile, above ground...


This is what real people see around here in the spring. Purdy, innit?

(No "real people" were harmed in the making of this blog post. They have all continued about in their pleasant and oblivious manner not knowing that us undergrounders were scurrying underneath them through tunnels and portals and lower levels of el.)

1 comment:

  1. The "lower levels of el" good grief Carol, you are ON ONE today! I'm sensing you spent a little time with our favorite Tahnee recently... :) You guys usually seem to bring out the funny in each other.

    I haven't worked there for 18 months - can I still blame that for my soft and squishy middle?

    ReplyDelete