Background

Saturday, April 16, 2011

On a Lighter Note

I figured something out today. Mothers with small children (two to four...lets say) may not have elaborate hairdos for a reason. Short, yes. Sassy, yes. Simple, yes. Lots and lots of bobby pins keeping it just the right shape? Maybe not. Why? The 'do probably could handle the park with the swings and the slides and the races. It might have even made it through the peanut butter sandwiches with grapes on the lap. But I don't think it would make it through the wrestling. When the munchkins come at you full speed and want to crawl all over you, jumping and smashing faces together in the most awesome of kisses, those carefully placed pins pop right out. Add a round of tickling in there with flailing little arms, and that pretty much seals the deal.

I think the same rule applies to aunts. At least that is my story and I'm sticking to it.

2 comments:

  1. I should wear a t-shirt that explains this so people stop wondering why I look like this. :D

    ReplyDelete