Background

Monday, April 25, 2011

It was Bound to Happen

Have you ever known one of "those people"?

(I don't know if the quote is supposed to go outside of the question mark or inside. And I am not going to go get my Chicago Manual of Style to find out. Sorry.)

Those People are the kind who always know more than you. And do it better than you. Or maybe they just think they do. And then they tell everyone about how great they are. All the time. They "know things" about, well, not just stuff. About everything. They know about how long it takes to acclimatize to the altitude when you climb Mt. Everest. Because they showed the Sherpas the right path to take when they started the expedition up the wrong side of the mountain. They can tell you how to build a life raft out of duct tape and they can weave a sail out of their own back hair so they won't ever be stranded on a desert island.

Today one of Those People let it be known that I can't do my job as well as they can.

I'm shocked. I'm surprised. I never thought this day would come.

Well, actually, yeah I did. Because I still don't know how to weave a sail out of my own back hair. Dang it.

2 comments:

  1. back hair = gagging. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was gonna take a guess about who "someone" was, but I decided that would probably be counterproductive, since I don't have to know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING.

    :)

    ReplyDelete