Background

Saturday, April 30, 2011

BBC Choices and Snow

I don't know what snow has to do with anything, but it keeps coming down so who am I to argue with nature?







When I was Junior in high school I had the most awesome teacher ever for English. The first day of class she stood up and told us she would be the most fair teacher we would ever have because she hated all kids. I laughed. We got along just fine from that point forward. I have been told that I can be a little argumentative at times. I don't think I was any different at sixteen than I am now at...older than sixteen. Annoying to friends, but it made for some lively discussions about literature during my schooling years. And years, and years, and years. Ms. Curtis and I were *ahem* "discussing" a book one day in class and she finally said, "Carol, you are a bleeding romantic!" It stopped me short. I hadn't ever thought of myself that way, but I haven't forgotten it since. Over time I have digested that accusation and decided that I whole-heartedly agree. I am a bleeding romantic. I try to believe the best of people. I think that things will always turn out good in the end. I believe that people can find love with someone who fills up every empty place inside and that kind of love can last forever. I am not naive, though, because I know that there is evil and ugliness and hatred in the world. People can be cruel and selfish and hurtful. I just like my life and my mind better when I try to focus on what makes me cheerful instead of what makes me depressed.



Things like little boys in jeans. I just want to pinch their cute little cheeks. Any of them.




Or my cool sister who likes to be behind the camera instead of in front of it. 


So in light of this potentially-gag-worthy optimism, today is a day of celebration. Bring on the snow. Bring on the storms. I am heading down to be with some amazing friends this evening and I can't wait. For certain the girls will outnumber the guys, but I hope the guys stick around. We will subject them to BBC drama of the highest caliber.



ref=sr_1_1.jpg

This one? Every one of the four hours is worth is waiting for him to smile...

Or this one?

Hello my new Jane Austin crush.

Finally, an Edward I can get behind.

The face-eating scene makes me laugh. 
Probably not an appropriate response for one of the classic gothic stories of all time.


I don't know what the evening will bring, but I am sure to enjoy the company.

2 comments:

  1. Once upon a time there were pictures. Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought maybe I was missing something.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete