Background

Monday, March 7, 2011

What I'm Doing

Gilmore Girls is on. I am watching it on TV when I have all 7 seasons on DVD about four steps away. But right now that feels far.

What I should be doing: laundry, dishes, dancing in the rain, getting ready for a birthday tomorrow for my favorite non-relation roommate, making dinner. Ok, maybe everything but the dancing thing. I don't want to frighten the neighbors. Plus I would have to dry my hair again, and that doesn't seem like a good trade-off for a few moments of frivolity. And I think responsible people frown on unnecessary time in the elements if you are trying to get your body not to be in revolt.

I'm not doing any of those things.


You know how some people take photos and they have a photo face? They look the same in every photo because they are wonderful and photogenic and they look flawless? I am not sure there is anyone like that in my family. Don't misunderstand, we have the faces and physique of models, all of us. In person. But when a camera comes out we tend to make dramatic (aka funny) faces. Tongues hang out.


But this is my favorite. You can't script a moment like this. Once you finish taking in the lion leaping from the background, appreciate that there is a leopard coming in from the right side.


2 comments:

  1. Normally I think I would be slightly irritated that you used this photo, but it still makes me laugh every time I see it.

    ReplyDelete