Background

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Horizontal Surfaces

Clutter.

Blech.

I don't understand how I can be so weird about my desk at work - it's almost so clean it freaks me out. A place for everything and everything in it's place. I am probably one of the only people who on a regular basis climbs up on my desk to wipe off the tops of my cabinets.

But then it comes to the flat surfaces in my home. Something in my mind tells me that anything I hold can safely be put ON TOP of that stack of papers, pens, books, ribbons, receipts, keys, plants, and maybe my prosthetic leg.

And then 10pm rolls around, and I decide that RIGHT NOW is the right time to reorganize the pantry so I can clean off the top of the fridge.


And speaking of the top of things, this isn't the top of my fridge. It's the top of my brother's head. And his cute little boy. This is the very window where the little guy stood and waved goodbye to his niece and nephew with one of my favorite parting lines ever. "Good-bye. I love you. DRY CLEANING!!"

1 comment:

  1. I heard once (on tv) that all horizontal surfaces (counters, tables, floors, fridge tops, etc.) should be clear of all things not decorative. I looked around my house and wanted to cry. WHERE do people put things!!!

    ReplyDelete