Background

Monday, June 6, 2011

The Incident

In the parking garages at work, they have these really large fans that circulate the air. I don't know how you measure the movement of air, but if these fans were a tornado they would be an F5. Big.

One day, I was down in a little closet off one of these parking lots. I was with one of my co-workers looking at some equipment. This little tiny closet has one of the tornado fans. Every time I have ever gone in there I shut the fan down. Every time my co-worker goes in there he shuts the fan down. We both thought the other one had.

In the midst of some very serious discussion about the state of equipment, the fan kicks on. It's big. It's loud. I might have been a little startled. I might have jumped halfway across the little tiny room in one bound. I maybe grabbed co-worker by the shoulders and wheeled him around to fight the demons that surely had to be invading the equipment closet. What can I say? I am not Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I have yet to see in my contract for life that I have to battle the ugly un-dead.

His reaction? Concern for my safety of course! Ok, not really. He started laughing. Really hard. Like it took him a while to stop. And once I realized I wasn't going to be dragged down to a fiery inferno by the darkest demons of Hades, I started laughing too. Later, he promised to tell whatever guy I dated that all he would have to do is watch a scary movie with me and he would be guaranteed to get to second base. Jerk. :o)

4 comments:

  1. lol. This is why you love your job. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I can see this clearly. Classic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! This is why I love my job. Because things like this happen on a regular basis. Not me worrying that I will battle the undead, but getting teased. Shocking, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had two references to this at work before 10 a.m. I'm surprised people actually read this stuff...

    ReplyDelete