Background

Saturday, June 4, 2011

I Want Popcorn

The title doesn't have anything to do with the post. Except it is true and I want to pop some.

Honey goes slow. Frozen molasses moves slower. This morning I moved like frozen molasses. I didn't get out the door by the time I wanted to, but I did make it to my destination. I sat dry-eyed through a funeral until the closing prayer. They prayed for the family of the man who caused the accident and acknowledged the pain they were going through. The willingness of this family to forgive whose world has just been turned upside down touched me.

I also decided that today I was a random shopper. I went to Costco and walked out with pajamas and pineapple. I went to Target and came out with cake mix and cream cheese and cool whip. Maybe it is a rhyming thing. It's good that I didn't go anywhere else or I would have ended up with turnips and tuna.

I had a Thoroughly Modern Millie moment today. My beads wouldn't hang straight.

And this is just because it makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment