Background

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

On My Bookshelf


It took me 4 books before I was willing to start reading these. And that was all it took. They are on my top 20 list, all 7 of them. Maybe not number 5. That one might only make the top 50 list.


Guilty pleasure. I can't really say that the writing moves me. Or the story. Yet somehow I was at the bookstore every release date to purchase the newest book in the series.


The Fablehaven series is awesome. I love the character development most of all. All of Brandon Mull's books are on my shelf, and I enjoy them every one.


When I read the Lord of the Rings series, it was tough. It was long. I skipped a lot of the tree songs. But I will admit that when it came to the end of the story, I was sad. I felt like I was saying goodbye to friends. This is a classic for a reason.


I'm a sucker for Pride and Prejudice. The movies. The book. The story. The Austin original. And as long as modern authors decide to tell different sides of this story, I will keep reading them. This particular 3 book series is one of my favorite. It is written from the point of view of Darcy. The middle book is a little like a gothic romance, and doesn't really do anything to move the story along. But it is fun anyway.


I am 50/50 on  Robin McKinley's books. I really like The Blue Sword, The Hero and the Crown, and Rose Daughter. I really didn't like Chalice. It was boring! McKinley writes really good stories, but sometimes they tend to be a little wordy.


This is one of my non-fiction books. This covers the story of the Mt. Everest tragedy in 1996. Becoming a mountain climber is not really on my list of things to accomplish. So reading about it is one of the ways to experience a world I will never be apart of.

No comments:

Post a Comment