Background

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

This Thing

I have a headache.

He's been with me for 4 days now, and I decided he needs a name. It's a he, not an it. He is steady. I know he's going to be there. He's loyal. There is no way he would ditch me for someone else. And I am finding new and interesting ways to work my life around this relationship.

I also find him a little annoying.

Being the female in the relationship, I get to be a little indecisive. I'm torn between two names for my new...significant other. Gargamel or Vlad. On one hand, he's kind of lame - turtleneck-dress-wearing lame. Sort of a necessary foil for the sweetness of life. On the other hand, he's a life-sucking embodiment of all that is evil. And leaves me feeling a little drained.

Maybe he's really both. Sometimes it's kind of a Gargamel thing, and not so bad. Other times I feel a little closer to the undead.

While I figure it out, I will go to a happy place in the non-painful part of my brain. It's a gorgeous canyon. Full of autumn leaves and golden afternoon light.


And history.


And goats.


And some fish. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment