Background

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Manitou Springs




I visited this place called Manitou Springs. It was kind of a quaint town built right up the canyon from Colorado Springs.

They had historic homes where notorious outlaws stayed when they were being chased by the Texas Rangers. Ok, I made that up. All except the historic homes part.



But they do sell cowboy hats across the street from the historic homes. My favorite part of this picture? The lady's bum hanging out of her SUV in the middle. You can't compose moments like this. They just happen.

In addition to quaint and historic homes, there are quaint and historic shops. That sometimes smell a lot like incense. I skip those.

Why is it called Manitou Springs? I don't know! But I think the springs all over town have something to do with it. Like this one.



And this one. The round house in the back is where the actual spring comes up and is processed. The cute little sculpture in the front is for me to admire.



This one kind of had an attitude. The water didn't flow nicely, it sort of exploded in spurts.

 

But wait, there's more! As if historic homes, quaint shops, and exploding springs are not enough, you have staircases that go...to mysterious places...



All you need is a full moon and a sheet and this is ready for Halloween!



Picturesque creeks. Please don't leave that out of the brochure I know you are creating for this place.

 

And then there were the signs. Mining town...I would expect mining shops. I was wrong. The little people have been here, and they have a shoppe! (Please don't misspell that as "shop" because that would be wrong.)



I expected a banana on this sign. This town is full of surprises.



The Gaelic tradition continues. Because an English sign would have been predictable.



This is more like it. But I was a little surprised that the hemp shop below this didn't smoke out the ghosts.



I don't even know what to say...



This is funny to me. And maybe only me.

2 comments:

  1. I want to travel with you. Because I think you make things significantly more fun than they are in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. What a wonderful place!

    ReplyDelete