Background

Monday, October 3, 2011

Days Like Today

I found out last week that my desk is being temporarily relocated due to construction. This is ok. This is fine. I started moving my stuff to my new location on Friday. Except for my computer and phone. The theory is I can do my work where I am until I am ready to unplug and occupy my new space.

I had no idea how many things in my Mary Poppins drawers I used on a regular basis until they are all not there. Jump drives? Gone. Headphones? Gone. Quick-reference phone list? Gone. Calendar? Gone. Cheerios? Gone. Chocolate? Gone.

How desperate did I get? I haunted at least 4 different cubicles this morning looking for chocolate. I came up empty. (Interesting that of the entire list, that is the one I decided I couldn't live without...) My salvation came in the form of a chocolate-mint brownie that I didn't finish last week and put in the fridge.

Thank you, fridge fairies for saving me today.

2 comments:

  1. And yet you didn't come to visit me and my Mary Poppins drawer. I'm hurt. I may never get over it.

    That's it. I'm leavin' the Church...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait! don't do that. It was an earphones thing. And maybe you have a thing about people putting things in their ears and then giving them back to you. I was just saving you. But don't think I forgot about the M&M's. You will save me one day, I know it! :o)

    ReplyDelete