Background

Friday, November 11, 2011

My Grandpa



This is my Grandpa (in the middle) and two of his buddies at Camp Irvine in 1943. He served in Europe in WWII. Today is Veteren's Day, and we honor those who have served our country and the cause of freedom. 



Today I found out that my Grandpa is in the ICU after a heart attack. The phrase seems overused to say that my prayers are with him and my Grandma and my Mom. But at moments like this, I don't know where else to turn for peace and comfort than my Heavenly Father. He can be there and touch people and comfort them when I can not.

1 comment:

  1. My grandpa also served in Europe, and he had a massive heart attack just two weeks go. My heart, thoughts, and prayers are with you and your family. I guess at some point we're going to have to let them go (mortality's happy ending is sometimes hard to see), but in the meantime, God bless our country's greatest generation!

    ReplyDelete