Background

Thursday, July 21, 2011

A Tough Month

This evening I went to a viewing. A friend of mine lost her mother. The same friend lost her sister-in-law about a month ago to the day. Last week was my great-uncle's funeral.

There is nothing easy about memorial services. It is hard to lose someone close. It is hard to go and try to find something to say or do for those who feel that loss.

But one thing gives me comfort. I know this life is not the end. I know that when we lose someone, we will be able to see them again.


And because of what goes on here, families can continue after this life. Mothers and fathers, husbands and wives, brothers and sisters, grandparents - these sweet and precious people can be with us and associate in those same roles not just for a little while, but forever.

So yes, it has been a tough month. And I know life will hold difficult months to come. But this perspective on life here and hereafter gives me a measure of peace and comfort. For that I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment