Background

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A Little Positivity

Writing an e-mail to a friend today, it occurred to me that I spend a great deal of time brooding. Not in an I'm-an-angry-vampire-whose-undead-existence-is-plagued-by-bad-luck kind of way. (Curses to you Netflix for giving me access to cheesy teenage dramas!) Just in a I'm-concerned-about-the-state-of-life kind of way. So to put a little balance into the universe, here are some items that make me happy.

Painted fingernails. It might be silly, but it makes me smile to look down and see all different colors. Maybe not all the colors at the same time, though.

Books. I love getting caught up in a good story. I am so grateful there are so many talented authors out there!

Friends. I am blessed beyond measure. Here's to the good, the cheerful, the sarcastic, the stable, and the wonderful friends who love me. I hope that I can work to bless each of your lives as much as you bless mine!!

Getting to where an inside joke only has to be a smile, a glance, or a single word. Swoobs. Too-foo. 'Nuf said.

Dilbert. I probably can't post all of the strips on here I think are hilarious. But I laugh on a regular basis thanks to the sense of humor of Scott Adams. Sometimes I think he must have a camera on my life.

Pictures. I love that I have technology available to me that allows moments in time to be captured to remember in detail again and again. Here are some of my favorite.










2 comments:

  1. I'm not funny or particularly smart or cute or anything else, but I do love you, so it counts! -Aundrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are simply amazing. I am so lucky to be friends with you. This post truly made me smile and I had to laugh because I think Netflix has cursed me with the same tv show lately...but it is so fun to watch. Thanks for being you and by the way love the pics. Hope you have a good day.
    Em

    ReplyDelete