Background

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Snow Today

As I drove home from work in a blizzard, I reconsidered my goal to go walking when I got home tonight. But I see some clearing sky so you never know...if you don't like the weather in Utah wait 15 minutes. It will probably change!

Last night was beautiful.


In a perfect world, the camera would capture the same image I see with my eyes. While I do think this is a cool photo, it does not have the same sparkle at the end of every needle that I witnessed.


Yes, this is dirty snow in a parking lot. But it was sparkling too!


If I squint just right, I can pretend I am a caterpillar in this photo.


This is not a staged shot. Someone had spread bread all over the grass near the soccer field of the park. So naturally the textures screamed "black and white" to my highly-trained eye. Hey, mock if you will, but this is the kind of stuff that would sell for thousands back east at an exclusive gallery. And you are getting it here for free.


I think sunset is my favorite time to shoot silhouettes. It is one of the times I actually count on the camera to do some of the work for me and capture the colors of the sky while blacking out everything else.


I am not a fan of the cold that comes with winter. Give me a balmy 80 degrees all year and I would be just fine. I should move to tropical island somewhere but my pale pasty skin wouldn't handle that very well. So I'll keep the mountain west with our frigid temperatures and the stark beauty of bare trees.


I just think there is something elegant about the shape of a tree without all the adornment of foliage.


I may have over reacted a touch by calling it a blizzard. Looks like blue skies ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment