Background

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Randomness

Blame it on bubble head. Or balloon head. Whatever you want to call it when your noggin doesn't quite feel attached to the rest of you. So here is the list of random things I came up with for today.
1. I have another blog. I just made it public. It is my family's reviews of books we read. I don't know the level of commitment for keeping it updated, but here is the link: http://westawaybooks.blogspot.com/

2. Apparently it is odd to be a single woman and put Christmas lights up on your house. I got kuddos on that from one of my neighbors. I am happy to once again shatter another stereotype. There are enough of them I fit, so it's nice to break out of the mold every now and then.

3. Don't take non-drowsy decongestant and expect to get a good night's sleep. Just sayin.

4. I got a little behind on my paperwork at work. Sorry, Tim. I will catch up today! Promise.

5. Tonight is our work Christmas party and I am supposed to bring a "homemade" white elephant gift. I don't know exactly what I am going to do yet, but I am pretty sure I know whose face will be on it. Or maybe I should say faces...

6. I know that November is finished, but I continue to be grateful for a lot in my life. Here's a short list for today:
  • Electricity - It runs a lot of things in my life. Going without for a handful of hours made me grateful I am on the grid.
  • Refridgerators and Freezers - Ditto above. Being locked out of these while my power was off made me think about all the little things I get in and out of these. Since we are talking about appliances, I'll just add the microwave, lights, my stove, my garage door opener and my hair dryer to this list. Why does the hair dryer make the list? Because I hate sleeping with wet hair.
  • My niece and nephew - They provided a ton of memorable moments over the 23 hours we spent together this last weekend. I love em even more now. And that little 3-year-old is stinkin smart! He traced and told me all of the letters in his favorite book at my house. Then we found all of the bananas. And tractors. And cows. It was fabulous.
  • My sister - mom to the awesome niece and nephew. Beckaboo, you are a rockstar. It's hard work being a parent and you don't get nearly enough praise. I love you!! More to come on this later.
  • Bishops - my local ecclisastical leader is amazing. His wife is beautiful and a wonderful, lovely friend. Between the two of them I think they have logged more service hours to our congregation and community that I could ever count. The same goes for all of my past bishops, friends who have been bishops, or served in bishoprics. You guys are my role models. Thank you a hundred times more than I can express, and to the wives and kids who support you while you are gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment