Background

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Absentee

When you take three weeks off from technology, it's hard to get back in the swing of it. But here are some things I know.

Being sick makes you grateful for your health.

Having family far away makes you love it when they are close by.

4-year-olds can be very sharp. My niece was very concerned that Santa wouldn't be able to find her because her house didn't have a chimney. My sister assured her that Santa's magic will let him come in through a door or a window. Santa always finds a way. The next night, she was sad that Santa didn't leave any presents for her mom and dad! Again, she had to be reassured that Santa had filled her mom and dad's stockings. They were not forgotten.

5-year-olds are also the perfect age for the holiday season. My nephew found out that his aunt hadn't brought a stocking. This became an obsession for him. The weekend plans almost went on hold so he could make one for her. Pictures to come soon.

Certain 3-year-olds don't wake up so easily. Which makes a good excuse to let them curl up on your lap to watch a movie after a late afternoon nap.

Competition runs in the family. Ugly pajama war? Bring it on.

Perfect holidays come in many forms.

2 comments:

  1. They weren't ugly, they were exotic. I forgot to take a picture of the stocking so you will have to e-mail it. I had the best intentions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have pictures. I will e-mail them. And this may have started with exotic...but I think it is going the direction of ugly.

    ReplyDelete